[buckminster-dev] Re: Headless (JUnit) launching

Hi Achim,

Great work! We are using the Buckminster JUnit Command and refactored JDT and PDE from Google Code for a few weeks already and they are working great. I assume the JUnit version in the google svn is not quite up-to-date? I've made a few changes against it, mostly some logging in the TestListener and catching some configuration and launching errors in the command itself, should you be interested in a patch.

Two questions of my own, though:

1) Are there any plans/has there been any discussion about providing JUnit support as an actor instead of/in addition to a command?

2) Do you have a good way to deal with platform-specific settings in your launch configurations? We would've really liked to have launch configurations that we can use both on our development boxes and on the ci server, so we can be reasonably sure that the tests we execute locally are configured the same as on the server. However that's a bit problematic in light of platform-specific plugins like swt and filesystem. Right now we provide a template launch configuration that contains all platform-specific plugins from all platforms and copy that to create new configurations. Do you have a better idea to handle that? We don't want to use "All plug-ins and features" in the unit tests, because we want to isolate the tests and plug-ins under test as much as possible during unit-testing. And "Add required plug-ins" only adds requirements for my current platform.

Best regards,
Carsten