Re: [buckminster-dev] question about rmap and mutable and anon

On 08/13/2009 02:58 AM, Ted Kubaska wrote:
Some of the examples I've seen of rmap files use mutable="true" with a
readerType="cvs" and a uri format=":pserver:anonymous@ ...."

Does it make sense to have mutable="true" if you are checking out
anonymously. The Bucky book tells me

"The attribute mutable is set to true because we want the projects
checked out from CVS (so we
can work on them and check in again)."

As an anon user, I'm clearly not going to check in files. Is it worng
to set mutable="false" in this case.

No, it's not wrong. Buckminster only uses the mutable attribute if you use it yourself in a CQUERY. If you don't care about its setting, neither will Buckminster.

The intention is the same as with the source="false", i.e. to help selecting the right provider in case there are several possible matches. A provider with a mutable status that matches your cquery has higher priority. And that's all there's to it.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top