Re: [buckminster-dev] Check-in comments

+1

Karel

Thomas Hallgren napsal(a):
Hi,
I would like us to unify our check-in comments. I know that many projects use comments similar to this one:

  Bug 283104 - Qualifier replacement disabled when keyword 'qualifier' is prefixed

i.e. the relevant bugzilla number and its heading. I've been using this style too lately. This comment style makes it very easy to create list of what's changed since the last release and it's also very easy to bring up information about the actual bug, should the need arise. Entering the full URL clobbers the real information IMO and everyone knows where to find the bugzilla anyway.

Moving forward, I'd like all our check-ins to have a comment like this unless the change is so trivial that no bugzilla was ever entered.

What do others think about this idea?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren