Re: [buckminster-dev] fetcher questions

You are absolutely right Henrik.
  • include=*.cpp
will include cpp files only.
  • flatten removes the hierarchy
  • and uncompress ... well... uncompresses the archive.
Supported archives extensions are *.zip, *.tar.gz, *.tgz, *.tbz2 and *.tar.bz2

If you need more info on those special executors ( fetcher, executor ) and everything discussed on this page : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Non_Java_projects_Proposal . I'm here to help.

I was wondering also if it would make sense to add something about how we are handling our C++ projects here at MikrosImage with Buckminster. Actually we are still not completely happy with that because of the genericity of the editor which makes it painful to write even simple component specifications with fetchers and executors actors.
However the executors we proposed and implemented until then allowed us to share internal projects with a lot of dependencies and complex access right.

Cheers
Guillaume