Re: [bpmn2-modeler-dev] Help save the BPMN2 Modeler Project from extinction!

Hi Bob,

I thought about the issue again and want to share my results.

From a closed marketing perspective you can argue the decision to move the JBoss Tools (JBPM, Drools) into the web browser. You will find arguments that support thus an idea. We saw exactly the same move in the camunda project. They have completely moved out from Eclipse and moved there BPMN modeller into the web browser. As an result, they advice there customers now to use IntelliJ instead of Eclipse.

So what I am thinking about is, that it is more an strategic decision to the Eclipse Platform. The advantage of Eclipse is its broad approach to tools. BPMN is an essential modeling standard in my eyes. And the BPMN2 Plugin demonstrates perfectly that Eclipse is much more than a Java IDE. We have customers (e.g. consulting companies) which are using eclipse just for modelling.
So there are two views. The strategic product decision from JBoss about their BPM platform and on the other hand Eclipse, as a tooling platform also used for modelling.
Should this discussion run therefore not even also a different level?
When JBoss and Camunda leave the train, should also Imixs and others leave the train? Where would it go?

best regards
Ralph