[bpmn2-modeler-dev] Status for August 20, 2012

Hi all,

It's been another busy and productive week. Here are some of the highlights:

* We finally finished the migration to Graphiti 0.9.0 (yay!) Unfortunately this means that the BPMN2 Modeler will not build on eclipse 3.6.2 and earlier because it requires Graphiti 0.8.2 (booh!) But the good news is that it WILL run on eclipse juno (yay!) The Bad news is that helios users will have to wait until we can figure out a way to support both versions of Graphiti (booh!)

* The OCL validation code that was added recently caused some problems because some BPMN2 objects were being created with null "id" values. This caused the EMF insert transaction to be rolled back. This has been fixed.

* We now set default values for "expressionLanguage" and "typeLanguage" in the <definitions> element when a new diagram is created.

* The Import Dialog has been enhanced to allow runtime extension plugins to select the types of imports supported. Example: the jBPM plugin only supports import of Java types so all of the other types (XSD, WSDL and BPMN2) are disabled.

* General cleanup and refactoring of some code was done to fix some glaring problems (ItemDefinition references not being persisted) and to improve the user experience.

* We are continuing to publish weekly builds to the update site [1]. If you see something that was working before but is broken now, please, please, please, let me know ASAP! The helios update site [2] will not be updated until we can figure out how to support both versions of Graphiti - sorry folks :(

On the to-do list for next week:

* Nominate Roman Smirnov for committer status to the BPMN2 Modeler project.
* Figure out how to support both versions of Graphiti

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site-helios/

"Our repairmen are the loneliest guys in town"

Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer
JBoss by Red Hat

Back to the top