Re: [bpel-dev] Precedence in the class BPELwriter

Hi Neto,

This seems like a reasonable change and if nobody has any objections we can implement this relatively quickly. @Vincent or @Tobias do you have any objections to making this change?

Anyone

Hi All,

I'm developing an extension to the BPEL Designer. Well, I could had success to implement all the extension without changes in the BPEL Designer source code. However, one of my changes extends the Scope (by adding some new attributes), and for that one I did a minion change on the BPEL source code. I just change the precedence of the ExtensionActivity in the activity2XML method of the BPELWriter class.

My suggestion is to evaluate if an activity is an ExtensionActivity at the begin (instead of testing it at the end). Thus, when the BPELWriter find a extension activity that extends an BPEL activity, it call the serializer of the extension (that can reuse the serializer of the BPEL extended activity). For instance, in my tool I created a new class that extends from Scope and ExtensionActivity. However, without this change when the BPEL Designer is reading the process, it consider my extended activity as a normal Pick (ignoring my extension).

Well, maybe the text is a bit confusing, but it is just a small suggestion to improve the extensibility of the tool. The stretch of the code that could be changed is in the following.

public Element activity2XML(Activity activity) {

   Element activityElement = null;

   if (activity instanceof ExtensionActivity)
        activityElement = extensionActivity2XML((ExtensionActivity) activity);
    else if (activity instanceof Empty)
        activityElement = empty2XML((Empty) activity);

}

Cheers,
Neto