Re: [bpel-dev] XSD2XMLGenerator and WSDL utilities

Hi Vincent,

I have no objections to moving classes around - it keeps things...fresh...and interesting :)
Seriously, the XML generator was something that I had hoped was somewhere to be found in WTP, but after asking around nobody seemed have a solution, so I wrote my own. The current version is just barely sufficient for what the BPEL editor needs for validation purposes to ensure that structures are assignment-compatible. It could use some more work I think. But if you think it's useful and could be contributed to WTP, then I'm all for it.

Regards,
Bob

Hi all,

In the new-bpel-wizard branch, I added a plugin with utilities for WSDL and XML schemas (*.common.wsdl).
This plugin contains among other things utilities to import a WSDL (with its imports) in a directory, a wizard to use this feature, and other classes to parse WSDL and XML schemas using EMF metamodels. The interest of this plugin is to share it between the BPEL Designer, other projects from Eclipse (I'm thinking to the SOA TLP) and also a RCP application I'm working on.

I have just seen Bob wrote an extension of NewXMLGenerator. This class allows to generate a XML document from XML schemas or a WSDL file and brings some fixes for enumeration and choices. This kind of feature is so useful that it could be reused in other projects.

Could we move the XSD2XMLGenerator class to the *.common.wsdl plugin? Same thing for the WSDLUtil class, with the finders.
Do you think we should contribute the plugin's content to WTP? Since it is related to WSDL, it would make sense. Otherwise, it could be promoted in the SOA TLP. A long time ago, we talked about a WSDL toolbox (that was at the time of STP).

What do you think about it?

Regards,

               Vincent.

--