From: birt-report-engine-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-report-engine-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:47 AM
To: birt-report-engine-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birt-report-engine-dev] Birt performance problem

Hello

We are using BIRT for report generation in our java based product, but we met a performance problem.

In briefing – the application generates a XML file which is a data source for our report. The file may be quite big (1,5 MB).

And the generation of the report lasts about 2 minutes which is way too long for us. After a short look into the code, it looks for us, as the whole XML file was parsed each time a field value is being evaluated – does it make sense?

Or is it a question of bad report design or configuration?

Is there any way you can help us?

We are using BIRT 2.0.0.

(I will send an example of our data source XML file and report design file on request)

Regards,

Gregor Swierczynski.

Back to the top