RE: [birt-report-engine-dev] PERFORMANCE

Hi,

I have developed an application using BIRT 2.1.0 RC3, deployed in
Jboss4.0.2
I wrote a report engine server, which generates pdf file.
My report engine server will handle multiple threads request.
Fir example, I want to create 10 pdf files whose size is 600kb,
containing  2000 records, they are done successfully. Bur when I sent 15
requests, which means the engine server will generate 15 pdf files. All
files generation are getting slow, gradually stuck around 80% generated,
could not go through any more.

So when I reduced to 200 records, the generated files size will be 60kb.
My report engine server can handle 15 threads, not problem at all.

Can IReportEngine (a singleton engine) handle multi threads without
limit?

Are there someplace to clean up cache or something else?

Do I need one ReportEngine instance per ReportDesign instance or can I
share my ReportEngine instance for all ReportDesign instances in a
multithreaded webapp environment?

Chaohua