[birt-report-engine-dev] Parametrize report via URL

Hello,

I know this is actually not a dev question, but if the feature I am looking for is not in right now, maybe we will add it.

We currently have the reportz viewer webapp running on a Tomcat. The reports show data on a certain event. Each report has many report params. Therefore we depend on showing the frameset access to the params.
The problem we face is that we want to pre-parametrize all reports with one single parameter from OUTSIDE. Namingly instead o f forcing the report viewers to set the sepcific event from inside the BIRT viewer we want to automatically set this when opening the report.

When playing around with URL-driven parameter we now have the problem, that it only changes the settings in the viewer parameter window. But it not "filters" the report that is automatically loaded when the viewer pops up.

Maybe its a caching mechanism, because the wepapp always generates a rptdocument file after the first loading.

So can anyone help us to: open a frameset birt viewer that is already partly parametrized from the URL?!

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Leiter Softwareentwicklung

Gölz & Schwarz GmbH
Waltherstr. 29, 80337 München, Germany
phone: + 49 - (0)89 / 54 46 70 - 0
fax: +49 - (0)89 / 54 46 70 - 10
e-mail: robert.soesemann@xxxxxxxxx
web: http://www.goelz.com
Sie suchen den aktiven Dialog mit Ihren Kunden? Sie möchten neue Wege gehen, um
Ihre Zielgruppen online zu motivieren und zu binden? Dann haben wir genau das Richtige
für Sie: Marketing Suite - die Komplett-Lösung für intelligentes Online Marketing!
Informationen zur Marketing Suite erhalten Sie unter http://www.goelz.com/marketingsuite.

Back to the top