[birt-report-engine-dev] PDF generating

Hello,
I am in the process of writing a book on my F/OS Software product iText, a JAVA-PDF library. My publisher (Manning) asks me for contact persons that know the Java/PDF/Reporting business in order to map the potential market for such a book. During my search, I discovered that Actuate uses iText to generate PDF. However, BIRT seems to use Apache FOP. Can anyone tell me what Actuate product uses iText and why FOP was chosen for PDF generation in the BIRT project? Maybe both iText and FOP could be integrated into the project, so that people can take advantage of the strengths of both libraries?
br,
Bruno

Back to the top