[birt-dev] Progress

Hello BIRT persons,

Here is again a short progress report.

Due to the passing of my dear mother, I could not have the usual attention to the project. Therefore, I need some time to organize things and recover, but I should be back on track at the beginning of 2022. Of course, I am monitoring the project, and please @mention me if you have questions or need advice.

Fortunately, more and more people are committing to the project [1]. Not only in code but also in testing and advising. If you can help, please jump in.

Bugzilla and the old forum have been closed. Instead, we now exclusively use Github issues and discussions.

I don't think it is realistic to release this year, but I am convinced that it is possible in the first quarter of 2022, possibly already the end of January. I will update the release date as soon as possible.

I propose to organize a new online meeting in the first whole week of Jan. We hope to see you then.

To the BIRT mobile, let's go!

Wim

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/birt/pulse/monthly

Back to the top