Re: [birt-dev] Committer Election for Vikas Nijhawan on Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) has started

I would really like to see some new blood on the team, but I have to agree with Wayne that if the only 'recent' contributions are more than a year old than it is a bit questionable.

We have recently approved a couple of committers, but I have not seen a lot of activity from either of them.
We also do not have any sense of direction for the project since the PMC is without a leader and no PMC meetings have been held in several years.

For me, if the nomination would indicate the type of work that Vikas is planning on committing, I would feel better about the nomination.

Scott Rosenbaum

Yes, I realize that this is a case of the pot calling the kettle, but AFAIK I am still on the PMC and am a committer on BIRT.