[babel-dev] tapiji patches - whitespace errors

Hi

when preparing the commits of our two patches we discovered that git reports a significant amount of whitespace errors. Unfortunately this only appeared now as we tested the patches when babel was still in the CVS repository. Anyhow we would of course prefer to

It looks like we have a two options on how to adress this issue:

a) fix the whitespace errors before commiting the initial patch (which might be an issue with the IP team) b) fix the whitespace errors in a commit that comes right after the initial commit. (which persists the whitespace errors in the repositories history)

From our point of view, the two options are both feasible as neither has a significant overhead.

In addition we are wondering if there are any guidelines (either for eclipse code globally or specific for the babel project) on how to treat whitespace (e.g. indention with tabs vs. spaces) that we should adhere to when fixing the existing issues.

Anyway, please let us know your opinion and or preference regarding this issue,

thank you,
best regards,
Stefan

Back to the top