[babel-dev] Welcome Martin, Alexej and Stefan

I'd like to welcome Martin, Alexej and Stefan as committers to the Babel project.

As you've seen from past posts, they have brought their Messages editor enhancements and RBE tools (affectionately called "Tapiji") to Babel. The committer process is well under way, and they should be receiving their committer accounts shortly.

In the meanwhile, please familiarize yourselves with the Eclipse Development process:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Development_Resources

Specifically:
- IP Due Diligence. In very short, if you accept code contributions from non-committers, they must be attached to a bug where the contributor states they have authored 100% of the code. If the contribution is < 250 lines, it can be committed without review. Otherwise, a CQ must be opened. We'll help you. Also, if you wish to use third-party code, it must be approved by the IP team. There are thousands of packages that are already approved - it is best to look through IPZilla (https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla) to see what has cleared and what has not.

- EDP (Development Process): guides for official releases : http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php

- IT Infrastructure: http://wiki.eclipse.org/IT_Infrastructure_Doc If you want to use Hudson, sign your plugins, how to make plugins available for download, etc.

If you have any questions, please post them on this list, and Kit and I will do our best to assist. Furthermore, we encourage open and transparent conversation, even if it's amongst yourselves. The more you post on this list, the happier everyone is!

Denis

Back to the top