Eclipse Babel Project Lead
IBM Eclipse SDK (IES) Globalization Technical Lead
IBM Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) Globalization Technical Lead

Inactive hide details for Masahiro Arai ---07/24/2012 04:11:00 PM---Hello everyone. We're working on localization effort for onMasahiro Arai ---07/24/2012 04:11:00 PM---Hello everyone. We're working on localization effort for one of our products (plug-in) based on Ecli

From: Masahiro Arai <Masahiro.Arai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 07/24/2012 04:11 PM
Subject: [babel-dev] Installing Eclipse based application with NLS into "Program Files" folder on Windows Vista / 7
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone.

We're working on localization effort for one of our products (plug-in) based on Eclipse, and I have a question about NLS structure come from Eclipse babel.
The product is installed through installer (instead of unzip to somewhere).

If I install this product (including base Eclipse product along with Babel NLS packs) into "C:\Program Files" on Windows Vista / 7, I see this product in English (in localized OS).
However, if I install same product into folder other than "C:\Program Files" (or testing it on Windows XP), installed product just works fine (UI is now translated).

Does anyone aware of any issue about this? I think I've seen some blog post or something like that which mentioned about "signing jar is required". But, so far we haven't found any good solution for this issue yet.

Any suggestion which you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Masahiro

---
Masahiro Arai
Manager, Documentation and Localization
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
5617 Scotts Valley Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.