[babel-dev] Extract properties files from Eclipse project update sites for translation

More and more Eclipse projects are moving to use Eclipse update sites to deliver their new releases. I just implemented a new enhancement for project committers to enter their update sites for properties files extraction. At the same time, I also added a mechanism to specify some plugin exclude patterns, which can be used to exclude plugins or properties files that should not be extracted for translation.

Project committers, please try this out at the Babel Staging Server (http://babel.eclipse.org/staging/map_files.php). Comments and bug reports are welcome. If this works out okay, we may use this for extracting properties files in the Helios projects. Thanks!

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead

Back to the top