Re: [babel-dev] Thank you for your comment

Mori-san,

A copy of the drawing is available here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:EclipseCon_2009_meeting_with_JWG.png
I will also send you a copy in PDF format.

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead

"mori" <mori-m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/06/2009 12:06 AM

Please respond to
Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
eclipse-j10n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[babel-dev] Thank you for your comment

Hello, Kit-san and Denis-san,

At the committer meeting in Santa Clara on March 23rd, we got your request and
comments about our proposal. Yesterday, we had a meeting and discussed.

As a conclusion, we can accept your requests, and we intend to consider them on
our design and implementation. And we would like to contribute to success of
Babel and community-based translation.

Your request:
a) Cooperation in modification of our product after disclosing our source code.
  It will be about the end of June.
=> No problem.

b) Babel would like to expand current translation server to help files support
as an on-line solution. And Babel would like to accept Japanese donation as an
off-line solution.
=> OK

c) In order to implement above two solutions on one database server, Denis
would like to store help documents one sentence by sentence.
=> What is important is logic to pick up each sentence. If it is standardized,
it would be convenient for any expansion.

d) About proposed translation workflow and roles, Babel would like to treat it
as an optional configuration, because many other small communities.
=> There is no problem to adopt your idea. The implementation will not be so
strict.
We hope the functionality of interconversion between XLIFF and Database. If it
will be provided, it would be benefit not only for us but also for Babel.
Because XLIFF is a global standard which is used by many translators, XLIFF
interface will realize the interoperability among other translation communities.
 - The import function will divide html files into sentences. So Babel doesn't
need
  to care about it .
 - If Babel will have the import function of XLIFF files, it will be able to
import
  XLIFF sentences directly to the server.
 - And more, if Babel will have a function of exporting XLIFF sentences,
  the interoperability between on-line and off-line solutions will be
available.

e) Command line interface for importing html ( and other) files to XLIFF on the
server side.
=> It should be available with ant task.

By the way, at the committer meeting, we made some drawing. Is it available in
pdf format?

Regards,
Motoki MORI
VALWAY Technology Center