Re: [babel-dev] Database server moved

OK, that's great, thanks for the hard work!

2009/3/31 Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Team,

As per http://bugs.eclipse.org/270487 I have moved the live database to a much faster server we call pebbles.  I have updated the two references to the database:

For PHP access:
- addons/babel.eclipse.org/base.conf

For shell script / console access:
- genie:~/.my.cnf

Kit, Gabe and Antoine, as you have 'genie' console access, you can access the live database console by typing:
genie@localhost: mysql -h pebbles -u babel_rw
Let's keep an eye open for any errors with the live database, such as the build process.  The import, maps processor and syncup should not need to be altered, as they (should) source the connection info from the above base.conf.  I have kept the live database on the babel machine, but I have changed the password used to access it so that an error can be thrown.

To be clear, the staging database will remain on the babel.eclipse.org server.  This way, if a SQL query is poorly written, it will be slow to run on the slow machine and we'll catch it.

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Roy