[babel-dev] minutes from February 4th meeting

o Attendees
    - Kit Lo
    - Pat Huff
    - Jess
    - Gabe
    - Denis Roy
    - Daniel McGowan
    - Werner Keil
o Jess leaving BEA
    - Thanks Jess for all the time and effort to get the Babel project started.
    - Jess, you will be missed.
    - Good luck!
o EclipseCon 2008
    - Committers working session. Let’s meet from 5 – 6 PM on Monday (March 17th) to introduce ourselves, so we know who is who when we run into each other in the conference. Kit will work with Bjorn to reserve a room. There are a few tools proposing to be donated to the Babel project. We should discuss how they all fit into the strategy of the project.
    - If we need more time, we could meet again after the Eclipse Community Awards Reception, or on Tuesday night (no BOF sessions scheduled on Tuesday night yet).
o Translation Server updates
    - Denis and Gabe are fixing bugs. Server running okay so far.
o Populate 3.2 translations into translation server
    - 3.2 translations will cover 68% of 3.3 translations. We just have to translate new or changed strings in 3.3.
    - Good idea. Kit will repackage 3.2 translations into a format that is importable to the translation server.
    - Kit will send files to Denis.
o Novell Localisation Workbench - Daniel McGowan
    - A tool used internally for all Novell software translations - including Eclipse based projects (so it is suitable for use in translating the 3.3 language packs).
    - This tool supports leveraging from previous NLW projects and from TMX.
    - At the moment the tool is Win32 only however over the coming year we intend to port it to the Eclipse RCP and opensource the code. No time frame yet.
    - The tool is available to the public, please evaluate: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3467/novell-localisation-workbench
    - Daniel will not be available for EclipseCon 2008.
o Updates from Werner
    - Babel talk accepted to Eclipse conference in Europe.
    - Werner will not able available for EclipseCon 2008.

Back to the top