[babel-dev] Novell Localisation Workbench 2.2.1 publicly available

Hi All,

We have made Novell Localisation Workbench 2.2.1 available to the public (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3467/novell-localisation-workbench).

This is tool we use internally for all Novell software translations - including Eclipse based projects (so it is suitable for use in translating the 3.3 language packs).

NLW has been in development for several years and incorporates feedback from Translators, Reviewers, Engineers and Project Managers. NLW includes features such as concordance search, spell checking, QA and consistency checks for translation quality, supports filtering, history and Regular _expression_ search and replace.

This tool supports leveraging from previous NLW projects and from TMX.

Included in this release is a basic alignment tool which creates NLW projects. This allows reuse of translations from previous translations from the .properties. The aligner bundled is fairly basic but we have an updated one that is better that will be included in the next release. I have hacked together a couple of perl scripts to aid alignment but we have not done the actual alignment yet. If we had access to the 3.2 TM's in TMX format this might not be necessary.

At them moment the tool is Win32 only however over the coming year we intend to port it to the Eclipse RCP and opensource the code.

I would be very interested in your feedback.

Regards,

Daniel.
--
Daniel McGowan