[babel-dev] Map Inputs progress

Team,

I'm almost done the Map Inputs, meaning the PDE map files can be defined on the Babel server for a project/version, and the .properties files for the plugins will be pulled from CVS and imported according to the CVS and tag information within the map file.

Expect to see thousands of new strings to next time you log into the staging area for the Eclipse project.

For now, I only loaded up core.map, which contains ~150 .properties files (about 1680 strings). This has revealed a few bugs:

- [Denis] In my import/merge routine, I need to correctly parse multi-line strings that end with \ - [Gabe] In the website UI, version 3.4 now shows up seemingly as frequently as there are files - [Gabe] The web UI seems sluggish to load now that there are 1680 strings. I'm guessing it will get worse. This could also be because of... - [Denis] The vserver's disk I/O is broken, and I need to fix this. If I write lots of data to disk, it's slow beyond normal.

Right now I manually define the MAP files in the Babel database, but the document [1] states: The projects, using either a web form (manually) or a REST web-api (as part of their build scripts), sends the location of their pde.build map files to the Babel server.

I'll work on the web form method.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Server_Tool_Specification

--
Denis Roy