Re: [babel-dev] Eclipse i18n guidelines

Hi Antonie,

Currently, the "Eclipse Globalization Guidelines" has 2 sets of guidelines: one set for developers, another set for translators. I will collect the information from answers 1, 2, and 4 and create some guidelines for globalization coordinators. The role of a globalization coordinator is to collect all the translatable materials, send for translation, receive and process the translations (like to run native2ascii to convert to the encoding if needed), create the NL fragment plugins, append the locale suffix to the properties files, place other files in the correct NL folder structure, and build the NL fragments.

Notes, for some smaller organizations, developers are responsible for the globalization tasks also. It's helpful to provide some guidelines for the globalization tasks also. I will collect the information and update the wiki page.

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

Back to the top