From: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:05 AM
To: Babel committers mailing list
Subject: Re: [babel-dev] translatable string freeze date for all Eclipseprojects

My thoughts have been a little different: I see Babel as a way to get the community involved in translations rather than as a way to provide tools for professional translators. Not that the professional translators couldn't use the tools, but rather the focus is on ways to get the community involved. The consequence of "get the community involved" is that it's unlikely that we'll get 100% translation coverage before GA. Thus I was working towards NL packs that users can download at any time. If they download the one on the GA day, they'll get, perhaps 80% of the strings. If they wait until August, they'll get 90%. And maybe in December they'll get 98%. Something like that.

- Bjorn
--
[end of message]