Re: [babel-dev] Babel server tool output ideas

Bjorn,

Could you be more specific on the naming convention for the NL zips for "Brazilian Portuguese", "Traditional Chinese", and "Simplified Chinese"?

For output 1 and 2, do you really want to zip up all the NL plug-in fragments for all projects for one language into one big zip? The zip will be quite big! Well, if we divide them by projects, we have 10 times more zips to manage :-(

In Output 3, you proposed to create one zip per plug-in, per version, per language. What about the NL feature containing these NL plug-in fragments? How should we zip them up?

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/02/2008 06:42 PM

Please respond to
Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[babel-dev] Babel server tool output ideas

I'm working on the Babel server tool output functions. I ran some experiments to determine if the Planning Council's desired result would work (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Server_Tool_Specification#Outputs). The net is that having a single language pack for each language for all Eclipse projects will work, but it will generate numerous warnings in the error log.

I revised my ideas for the output files and wrote it up on the wiki.

--
[end of message]