Re: [babel-dev] plugin.properties vs NL Fragments

Pascal,

I put the translated plugin.properties file (plugin_fr.properties) at the root of the fragment plugin (org.eclipse.babel.editor.nls). I didn't have any problem loading the translated strings when launching Eclipse with -nl fr.

Is the problem resolved? If you still have problems, I can work with you.

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

Pascal Essiembre <essiembre.pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2007 03:03 PM

Please respond to
Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[babel-dev] plugin.properties vs NL Fragments

Hello,

For the Babel Messages Editor, I am trying to put all translations in a fragment, including the plugin.properties files.  The plugin.xml (or MANIFEST.MF) editor recognizes the puglin.properties files put in the fragment project (it pulls the right values for e.g. %plugin.name) but when I test the plugin by launching it in a new workspace (Run As.. Eclipse Application), the plugin.properties are not being recognized.  For example, a localized preference page name will not be interpreted property as it should (%pref.whatever will show up as opposed to its localized value).

They only are recognized if I leave them in the host plugin project (as opposed to fragment) and I include “Bundle-Localization: plugin” in the MANIFEST.MF file.    Is there a way to have the plugin.properties files being recognized by the platform when in fragments?

Thanks,

babel-dev mailing list
babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx