[auto-iwg] Eclipse CDT work and plug-ins of interest to Auto IWG

Dear Auto IWG members,

I learned from Ralph Mueller that Auto IWG is very interested in improving Eclipse CDT tooling.
Me and my institute's employees and students have a long history of improving and extending
Eclipse CDT, especially in the domains of Refactoring and Unit Testing.
For example, most of the internal code-rewriting infrastructure of Eclipse CDT has been initially
been developed by our institute. We created parts of the C++ model incorporating comments and
preprocessor macros into the AST to be able to re-generate code from it that looks as close to the
original source code as possible, even when the AST got transformed from a refactoring.

My institute provides a collection of additional plug-ins (mostly free) for improving the experience
of C/C++ developers using Eclipse CDT in addition to our internal contributions:
* http://cute-test.com for unit testing and Test-driven Development (TDD)
* http://mockator.com for refactoring towards testability and generating of Mock-class frames
* http://linticator.com for integrating PC-Lint/FlexeLint with auto-configuration and quick-fixes of Lint problems
* http://includator.com for automatically improving #include dependencies in Eclipse CDT projects
* http://soncolidator.com which integrates the SCons build tool into Eclipse CDT

Some of my student's projects might also be interesting, e.g., the Metriculator C++ metrics plug-ins
available on Eclipse's Marketplace.

I have two reasons to write to Auto IWG. First, to make the group aware of our work and plug-ins
which we would be happy to demonstrate, if requested. A second reason, as you might guess, is the need
for funding the ongoing maintenance and continuing support of our plug-ins. Unfortunately our canton's
government reduced available funding for research without industry partners heavily from this year on
and I am not sure how long we can sustain supporting our work for Eclipse CDT.

It would be a great pleasure for us, first to attract group members as users of our industry proven
plug-ins and, second to find a partner financing the development of the features of Eclipse CDT that
the group  or the partner assumes valuable and that we haven't done yet such as those as given on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Auto_IWG_WP3

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions about our plug-ins and potential partnership or collaboration.

Best Regards
Peter Sommerlad.

--
Prof. Peter Sommerlad

Institut für Software: Bessere Software - Einfach, Schneller!
HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil
Oberseestr 10, Postfach 1475, CH-8640 Rapperswil

http://ifs.hsr.ch http://cute-test.com http://linticator.com http://includator.com
tel:+41 55 222 49 84 == mobile:+41 79 432 23 32
fax:+41 55 222 46 29 == mailto:peter.sommerlad@xxxxxx

Back to the top