[auto-iwg] FW: [mpwg] Modeling meeting at EclipseCon Europe

Hi,

Following the many responses we got for a modeling open source ecosystem meeting, I was able to find a room during the day (a BOF starting at 21:30 on Wed. didn't seem very productive).
The conference room "Herzog Eberhard Ludwig" at the Nestor Hotel is reserve on Wed. Nov. 2 from 9h00 to 12h00.

With such a short notice we do not expect people to have polish slides, in fact slides are not a pre-requisite.
If we can have many end-user companies talking about their needs and what they see missing in open source modeling, this alone should be a productive meeting.

Please add yourself as an attendee/presenter under the item of your choice on the wiki (see below link) or send me an e-mail and I will put you in the schedule.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/ModelingPlatform/EclipseConEuropeNov2_2011

9h00 - 12h00, Wednesday November 2, 2011
Conference room Herzog Eberhard Ludwig at the Nestor Hotel, Ludwigsburg, Germany

Agenda Items

Eclipse Modeling Missing Pieces for End-User Companies
  • End-user companies to give a summary of what is missing in Eclipse open source modeling, e.g. feature, support, documentation, migration, training, etc., what is their current initiatives if applicable.

Possible Synergies Between Eclipse Working Group

Implementer Companies

  • What is the view of implementer companies, their core expertise, what implementation can have a big impact on open source modeling next year, low hanging fruit, what is their current initiatives, etc.

End-User Companies Business Case Brainstorming

  • Review first version of Modeling slides for end user companies
  • Identify additional benefits for end user companies in order to facilitate budget approval