[aspectj-users] AJDT does not include aop.xml into output JAR

I just opened one of my old LTW projects in Eclipse with current AJDT. I have src/META-INF/aop.xml and when I build to the default bin folder I see that bin/META-INF/aop.xml exists as expected. But when I activate "output JAR" in the AspectJ build settings, the generated JAR only contains META-INF/MANIFEST.MF with content

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: AspectJ Compiler

but no aop.xml. This seems to be a bug, unless I am doing something stupid, putting my META-INF directory into the wrong place or so. If it is old or new I cannot remember. Anyway, it is a definite shortcoming, no matter whether it is a regression or has always been that way.

Andy, any comments?
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de