[aspectj-users] Load Time Weaving

Hi all,

Newbie here. I just need a sanity check here on LTW. Here is what I think ought to happen

Given a properly constructed aspect and a properly configured and placed aop.xml, I can run any java program which has been compiled by regular old javac and have LTW apply aspects against it at runtime.

To achieve the above I have to do the all and only the following (aside from compiling the aspect with ajc and writing aop.xml):

make certain that the classpath for regular old java program includes:

jar://<path to aspectJ>aspectj1.6/lib/aspectjrt.jar!/
<path to compiled aspects>
<path to aop.xml containing META-INF folder>

and for VM options include:
-Djava.system.class.loader=org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.WeavingURLClassLoader

That's pretty much it.

How am I mistaken? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Back to the top