Re: [aspectj-users] How to inject a static field into a multitude of types with AspectJ?

I hadn't forgotten you :)

I actually got something working related to your scenario although it
is a little fiddly.

If we consider the problem that getLogger() isn't returning the right
logger (because all it has to make the decision is 'this') then we can
cheat a little using a bit of around advice that can know more.

getLogger() can be an empty stub:

public Logger ILoggable.getLogger() {
  return null;
}

and around advice can ensure it returns the right thing based on context:

Logger around(): call(* getLogger(..)) && !within(LoggerAspect) {
  return getLoggerHolder(thisEnclosingJoinPointStaticPart).getLogger();
}

cheers,
Andy