Re: [aspectj-users] How AspectJ reflection engine compares against the standard Java one performance wise?

The AspectJ reflection system is purely for introspecting code, it
isn't for invoking code.  The reason it exists is to provide you a
reflection infrastructure that knows about things like ITDs and
pointcuts.  If you use standard java reflection against a compiled
aspect you will discover it is a 'class' and that the pointcuts are
represented as 'methods' and that ITDs have manifested special methods
called 'ajc$....' throughout.  If you use the AjType reflection system
that will provide you with a more AspectJ oriented view of the types -
it will tell you something is an aspect/pointcut/itd and hide the
infrastructure methods.

And as I say it can't be used to invoke anything, use standard
reflection for that.

cheers
Andy