[aspectj-users] Log4j DefaultCategoryFactory

I have been reading about Aspectj and am confused about how the weaving is setup. I was wondering if anyone knows if the following is possible and where/what documentation I should focus on reading to learn how it is done.

Basically, I have written an aspect in a web application project that should notify me when a Log4j logger is created. Is it possible to use Aspectj in a web application without modifying the application server? I am not certain, from what I have read, if this is possible and what I need to do to get the aspect weaved into the Log4j DefaultCategoryFactory class after it has been loaded.

Any help appreciated,
-- Chad

Back to the top