[aspectj-users] Capture current value for set pointcut

Hi,

I would like to be able to inspect the current value of a field in addition to the value that is being assigned to it during the application of my advice. I am using the set pointcut designator in my advice and I can determine the name of the field using thisJoinPoint.getSignature().getName(), but not the value.

This is for an automatic event mechanism where I need name, oldValue and newValue.

Is this even possible?

Thanks
- Ashley

---