[aspectj-users] Export an aspectj enabled feature.

Hi,

I have a feature which includes a lot of Eclipse plugins that I want to export, some of which are aspectj projects. I have declared the aspects in two separate Eclipse plugins/bundles. In one particular case I have an AspectJ project that contains a single abstract aspect and I'm creating the concrete implementation in subclass in another AspectJ project. It is this aspect that I want to be woven into two of my other Eclipse projects. I've aspectj enabled these two projects as well and the bin folders of both the abstract and concrete aspect are added to the inpath of these projects. This works fine in my Eclipse development environment, but when I'm exporting the project and want to run it in a clean Eclipse installation the two aspectj plugin projects does not show up under "About Eclipse SDK Plugins" and my project doesn't seem to work. I've tried creating and exporting a feature and I've tried the "Export deployable plug-ins and fragments with AspectJ support" option but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Eclipse 3.2 and AJDT 1.4.2.

Another (possibly stupid) question that I have is regarding the org.aspectj.runtime dependency that are added to the AspectJified projects. Does this mean that my target Eclipse version need to install AJDT as well?! Why should this be needed if I use compile-time weaving? As I understand it my Eclipse plugin should not have to be dependent on AspectJ when deployed if using compile-time weaving since this only changes the byte-code. Or am I missing something trivial?

A third question that I have is if you can disable to automatic weaving performed by AspectJ in my development Eclipse platform? Right now every time I hit ctrl+s aspectj weaves basically all my plugins which takes a lot of time if you're just making really small changes.

Thanks in advance,
Johan

Back to the top