[aspectj-users] When is aspectjrt.jar required at runtime?

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to use aspect at compile time, but can't
introduce any runtime dependency (to give a bit more detail on the context, this is
for Apache Ivy core, for which we don't allow any dependency).

Browsing the mailing list on nabble I've found this:
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-remove-aspectjrt.jar-runtime-dependecy-while-using-AspectJ-tf1211220.html#a3201026

Is it still possible to use aspectj at compile time only without requiring
aspectjrt.jar at runtime, and which feature can I use/avoid in that case?

If this is not possible I would have to do bytecode enhancement by hand
(probably with asm), but this is much less maintainable...

Thanks for your help,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/