Re: [aspectj-users] Use of the keyword THIS to access the name of the class for which the aspect is executing

On a side note, since you're effectively doing "design by contract", have a look at Contract4J (http://www.contract4j.org) which uses Java 5 annotations to define the contract conditions and AspectJ to test those conditions.

You might decide it's too heavyweight for your needs, but you could look at the aspects as examples.

dean