Re: [aspectj-users]java.lang.StackOverflowErroratorg.aspectj.weaver.ReferenceType.isAssignableFrom(ReferenceType.java:292)

Title: Re: [aspectj-users]java.lang.StackOverflowError atorg.aspectj.weaver.ReferenceType.isAssignableFrom(ReferenceType.java:292)
Ron Bodkin wrote:

That’s what I’d expect too although I’m surprised at the error as reported: the method with the stack overflow isn’t in a new thread, so why would increasing –Xmx avoid a stack overflow if stack is all allocated up front?

I suspect that the reason the methods get called is related to some entries not being stored in the weak hash map because they were removed by the garbage collector (but I didn't have time nor source code to chase the bug).

However, what surprises me, is how is that some code gets 1024 method calls deep if it's not playing chess or something ;).

saludos!

--
santiago aguiar
netlabs
Palmar 2548
Montevideo, Uruguay
Tel. +(598 2) 707 7687
Fax. +(598 2) 709 4866
http://www.netlabs.com.uy
begin:vcard
fn:Santiago Aguiar
n:Aguiar;Santiago
org:;Desarrollo
adr:;;Palmar 2548;Montevideo;Montevideo;11600;Uruguay
email;internet:saguiar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:NetLabs
tel;work:+598 2 7077687
tel;fax:+598 2 7094866