[aspectj-users] aspectJ in JBoss

Hi,

I've written a very simple helloworld aspect that advises a POJO that deployes as part of an EAR in JBoss (v.3.2).

I can run my ajc compiled POJO from the command line, and the aspect code runs (it just does some logging with log4J). I can also successfully run the aspect in eclipse3.2.

However, when I move the jar containing the aspect and advised classes to the EAR, the aspect code never runs (the class functions normally).

I have tried putting aspectjrt.jar in the deploy directory, the server/configname/lib directory, the server/lib directory, in the ear, in the ear/meta-inf/lib directory -- none of which did the trick.

Seems to me I must be missing something really simple. Any advice?

thanks,
fawce

Back to the top