From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Webster
Sent: 11 October 2006 10:53
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Unexpected weaving

David,

>I am encountering some problems with certain classes being woven when not expected
How are you identifying which classes are being woven: by the messages from the compiler or by running your application?

>Is there any way I can determine which advice is affecting the classes concerned during the Ant task?
To find out which classes have actually been woven and by what use showWeaveInfo="true" (http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/devguide/antTasks-iajc.html)

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

"David Hatton (AT/LMI)" <david.hatton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/10/2006 13:52

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] Unexpected weaving

Hi,

I am encountering some problems with certain classes being woven when not expected.

Looking at my aspects these classes should not match any of the defined pointcuts, yet are being output as being woven when I run the ANT iajc task in verbose mode.

Using AspectJ inbuilt into Eclipse it is showing these particular classes as being un-affected by the aspect I have defined, i.e. there are no cross-references being detected by the Eclipse plug-in.

Is there any way I can determine which advice is affecting the classes concerned during the Ant task?

/David