Re: [aspectj-users] Writing only weaved classes to destdir - not everything from inpath

Fabian,

The recommended approach to binary weaving is to maintain the original modularity of the application i.e. weave each JAR file separately and (optionally) give each one a modified name. This will avoid difficulties deploying and configuring the application.The definition of a cross-cutting concern and the packaging of the affected application should be orthogonal.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Fabian Christ <fchrist-dev@xxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/10/2006 07:58

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [aspectj-users] Writing only weaved classes to destdir - not        everything from inpath

Hi,

thanks for your prompt help.

As I see there is no direct way to get only the affected classes. So I have to
think about a workaround here.

A .class scanner might be one solution. Or you take the weaveInfo string and
extract the class information from it to copy only affected files. This could be
done in a self written Ant task...

regards,
Fabian