[aspectj-users] Matching on parameter annotations

Is there any upcoming work being done to allow for parameter annotations to be matched more efficently?

So far I've found that using @args() inserts bytecodes that check the annotations of the object passed in to see if an annotation is present and its not quite what I wanted. And using the static parts of a join point also inserts bytecode into each method. This works, but if you weave 100 methods and only 1 contains a parameter annotation, thats alot of extra code inserted into 99 methods that wouldn't behave any differently.

- Eric

Do you Yahoo!?