[aspectj-users] declare precedence question

Hi,

I have a question on declare precedence: Does the order of the aspects in the list give the order in which the aspects are applied?

Looking to http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/next/progguide/semantics-d.eclare.html#advice-precedence, it states: "This signifies that if any join point has advice from two concrete aspects matched by some pattern in TypePatternList, then the precedence of the advice will be the order of in the list."

The way I understand this is that an aspect that is first in the list has higher precedence, and thus is executed first, right?

However, looking to http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/progguide/examples-production.html#d0e3260, I see there "...and Billing is declared to be more precedent than Timing to make sure that this advice runs after Timing's advice on the same join point.", which seem to indicate the opposite.