[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [aspectj-users] If pointcut and side effects
- From: "Eric Bodden" <eric.bodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:21:43 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcaFvPFjAtitJa/VT+OlCluZr/DTaAABBr0g
- Thread-topic: [aspectj-users] If pointcut and side effects
> Is it correct then to say that in the absence of if pointcuts with
> effects, the evaluation order does not matter? No other pointcut than
> if can have side effects?
That should be correct, yes.
> I understand you wonder where I want to go with this :) I'm doing
> analysis of control and data dependencies in relation to faults in
> pointcuts, and in such a scenario it could be useful to be able to
> state things about control and data dependencies between the different
> conditions of a pointcut.
> But relying on implementation decisions is
> probably a bad thing anyway.