Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ Makes the Top 10

On 06/01/06, Ron Bodkin <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was pleased to see that on Eclipse's downloads page it now lists the top
> 10 downloads from eclipse.org. And AJDT has made the top ten list. That's
> great news to see! J  I'd be interested in knowing what the download rates
> for AspectJ and AJDT are these days…

Hi Ron,

AJDT has been in the top 10 since last June, which is exactly the time
they changed the system to actually include downloads via the Eclipse
Update Site manager. The stats are based on raw downloads rather than
installs (so one install via update site will cause several plugins to
be downloaded). But at least this is the case for all projects, so
hopefully the relative positions are close to what they should be -
there is some discussion going on at the moment to improve the
accuracy of the stats.

Using appropriate queries to pick out just the number of installs from
the raw download stats, these are the approximate figures for the
month of December 2005:

AJDT: 20,000 (about 60% of which are via the update sites)
AspectJ: 7,400

I think that's a very healthy overall number, and also shows how
popular Eclipse has become as the means of obtaining and using
AspectJ.

Regards,

Matt.

Back to the top