RE: [aspectj-users] eclipse AspectJ Book

Hi All,

I am having problems with AJDT as well.  I am using Eclipse 3.1M3 with
the latest release of AJDT 1.2.  Here are the version details:

Eclipse Platform
Version: 3.1.0
Build id: 200411050810

Eclipse AspectJ Development Tools
Version: 1.2.0
Build id: 20041214165937
AspectJ version: 1.5.0M1

I'm also using JDK 1.4.2_04.  After installing AJDT through the update
manager and creating a new AspectJ Project, I receive the following
stack trace in the error log:

Error 2005-01-29 17:55:28.225 Problems occurred when invoking code from
plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/eclipse/jdt/internal/core/util/SimpleLookupTable
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.core.builder.BuildClasspathResolver.getClasspa
th(BuildClasspathResolver.java:50)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.ajde.ProjectProperties.getClasspath(Project
Properties.java:207)
at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.builder.Builder.build(Builder.java:265)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:57
4)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.
java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.ja
va:158)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.ja
va:192)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:22
1)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.
java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.ja
va:224)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManage
r.java:243)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:27
2)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:
142)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

In addition, when I copied a .aj file into the new project and tried to
open it in the editor, I got the following:

Error 2005-01-29 18:02:25.615 Problems occurred when invoking code from
plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJCompilationUnitStructureRequestor.resolv
eDuplicates(Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/IJavaElement;)V
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJCompilationUnitStructureRequestor.enterT
ype(AJCompilationUnitStructureRequestor.java:157)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJCompilationUnitStructureRequestor.enterC
lass(AJCompilationUnitStructureRequestor.java:78)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJSourceElementParser.notifySourceElementR
equestor(AJSourceElementParser.java:1051)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJSourceElementParser.notifySourceElementR
equestor(AJSourceElementParser.java:716)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.parserbridge.AJSourceElementParser.parseCompilationUnit
(AJSourceElementParser.java:1200)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AJCompilationUnit.buildStructure(AJCo
mpilationUnit.java:199)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.Openable.generateInfos(Openable.java:203)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AJCompilationUnit.generateInfos(AJCom
pilationUnit.java:147)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.openWhenClosed(JavaElement.jav
a:553)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getElementInfo(JavaElement.jav
a:291)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getElementInfo(JavaElement.jav
a:277)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AJCompilationUnit.getElementInfo(AJCo
mpilationUnit.java:107)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getChildren(JavaElement.java:2
32)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AJCompilationUnit.getChildren(AJCompi
lationUnit.java:326)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaElement.getChildrenOfType(JavaElement.
java:246)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.CompilationUnit.getTypes(CompilationUnit.j
ava:827)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AJCompilationUnit.getTypes(AJCompilat
ionUnit.java:331)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.rename.RenameCompilationUnit
Processor.getTypeWithTheSameName(RenameCompilationUnitProcessor.java:290
)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.rename.RenameCompilationUnit
Processor.computeRenameTypeRefactoring(RenameCompilationUnitProcessor.ja
va:279)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.rename.RenameCompilationUnit
Processor.<init>(RenameCompilationUnitProcessor.java:62)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.refactoring.RenameSupport.create(RenameSupport.java:2
54)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.refactoring.actions.RenameJavaElementAction.
createGeneric(RenameJavaElementAction.java:189)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.refactoring.actions.RenameJavaElementAction.
canEnable(RenameJavaElementAction.java:80)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.refactoring.actions.RenameJavaElementAction.
selectionChanged(RenameJavaElementAction.java:64)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchSelectionChan
ged(SelectionDispatchAction.java:200)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.selectionChanged(Sele
ctionDispatchAction.java:195)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.RenameAction.selectionChanged(RenameAction.ja
va:82)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:163)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.
java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:161)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredVie
wer.java:1622)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleSelect(StructuredViewer
.java:890)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetSelected(StructuredVi
ewer.java:916)
at
org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java
:209)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$3(OpenStrategy.java:204)
at
org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:364)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:800)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2794)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2448)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1529)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1500)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:2
76)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:144)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:102)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActiva
tor.java:335)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
273)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
129)
at
a:39)
at
Impl.java:25)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chuck