Re: [aspectj-users] getThis() caused stackoverflow

Sandro Ruch <sandro.ruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 17/01/2005 08:22:03:
> one further question to AspectJEditor... i've read in a mail of adrian
(in
> the archive) that the AspectJEditor will support the basic feature
> of the standard JavaEditor inside eclipse (like organize imports,
> refactoring methods like rename, etc.). When will this happen? Currently
> i'm using version 1.2...

The new default arrangement (as of AJDT 1.2.0M2) is to use the Java editor
for Java code in .java files, and use the AspectJ editor only for .aj
files, which contain aspects etc. This means that at least you don't lose
any functionality by converting a Java project to an AspectJ project. That
said, we still want the AspectJ editor to offer the same capabilities as
the Java editor. Organize imports should be working okay already, please
raise bugs for any missing features that you notice.

Refactoring is a big issue which we won't start to seriously address until
AJDT 1.2.1 (although various researchers have begun looking at some of the
language issues). The first step is making existing refactorings work
correctly in the presence of aspects, the second is to add aspect-specific
refactorings.

Regards,

Matt.

--