[aspectj-users] Problem compiling J2SE 5.0 source with ajc

Hi list,

A new year begins and I thought I'd have some fun putting the new J2SE 5.0 features of AspectJ through their paces. However, I've hit a snag on the first attempt. I've got a dead simple class that uses the @Override standard annotation to indicate/check that the toString() method is being overridden properly. The class does nothing more apart from supplying a main method that makes the call to toString() on a constructed object. All works fine with javac but as soon as I try to use ajc I get:

Syntax error on tokens, delete these tokens
@Override
^^^^^

Ok, so this seems like something dumb that I've not done correctly on the ajc command line so I checked out the help and added the -1.5 to the ajc command line just in case ... to no avail. I even rooted through the generated ajc script to see if there was anything odd but with no luck. Can someone give me a push in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Russ

Back to the top