Re: [aspectj-users] Order in which aspects get applied

"declare precedence" is the way to control the ordering
of advice between multiple aspects. Please see documentation
for more information.

-Ramnivas

--- Arun Natarajan <anatara1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Suppose I have 2 aspects each with some before() advice
> implementation. If
> my java program has a join point which matches the pointcut
> definitions in
> both aspects, then what would be the order in which the two before()
> advices
> get executed?
> Is there a way to tell this to the ajc compiler or is this order
> something I
> should not rely on?
>
> I tried a simple logging example with three files,
> MessageCommunicator.java,
> MannersAspect.java and MannerAspect1.java. Irrespective of the order
> in
> which I compiled them, MannersAspect1.java's advice was executed
> before
> MannersAspect.java's advice.
>
> It would be great if someone could clarify this for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Arun N.

=====
Ramnivas Laddad,
Author, AspectJ in Action
http://www.manning.com/laddad

Check out my aspect-oriented refactoring articles:
http://tinyurl.com/yqm96
http://tinyurl.com/288nn